Pizza Base : All purpose flour( maida) 250 gms, dry yeast 1 tea spoon, warm milk 1/2 cup, sugar 1/2 tea spoon, salt 1/2 tea spoon, olive oil 1 table spoon, 1 tea spoon semolina (rawa).
Pizza Sauce: 1 table spoon olive oil, 2 tomatoes, 1 small onion, 4 garlic cloves, 1 green chilly, 1/2 tea spoon of sugar, salt and red chilly powder as per taste, 1/4 cup water.
Toppings : vegetables of your choice.
I Used – 1/2 capsicum, 1 small onion, 1 small tomato, sliced Black olives, cheese (mozzarella)
Seasoning : Oregano Spice Mix ( Pizza Seasoning ), red chilly flacks.
1. Activate the dry yeast by adding it to warm milk (50 to 50 degree Celsius) add sugar. set aside for 5 min or until its frothy. Then add salt and oil.
2. Add gradually flour to the mix and stir till it becomes to thick to stir.
3. Knead The dough for 10 to 15 min till its shiny and glossy and soft.
4. Cover and Let the dough rest for 1 hr in a warm place.
( can make one large pizza or 2 medium size.)
while the dough is resting will make the sauce and cut the vegetable for the topping.
1. Blend the tomatoes in the blender to make puree.
2. grate the onion, garlic, and chilly.
3. In a pan on medium heat add olive oil.
4. now add onion, garlic and chilly to the hot oil and stir for a minute till it slightly golden brown.
5. Add tomato pure, sugar,salt and red chilly powder and stir for a minute.
6. Add 1/4th cup water and let it come to a boil and cook till u get a nice thick consistency.
For toppings cut the vegetables into 1/2 inch cubes, Grate the cheese and keep aside.
1. Pre heat the oven to 200 degree Celsius for 10 min.
2. Take half of the Pizza dough and make a smooth round ball.
3. Now U can use a rolling pint to make a round shape flat bread.
4. dust it with some semolina (rawa)
5. poke the pizza base using frock or knife.
6. now place the dough in the oven just for 4 min.
(can use the pizza base rite away or can store in the fridge for several days)
1. On the pizza base add a spoon full of pizza sauce and spread.
2. Spread some grated cheese.
3. Spread the toppings.
4. sprinkle some Oregano Spice Mix ( Pizza Seasoning ), red chilly flacks.
5. Top it up again with lots of cheese.
Place it in preheated oven for 15 to 20 min.
make sure the yeast is fresh and well activated.
Cooking timing may differ from oven to oven.
Can use the store bought pizza base.
If u want u can cling rap and store the pizza dough in the fridge for 2 days.
pizza sause can stay up to 2 days in the fridge.
It will take less then 20 min if the sauce and pizza base is prepared earlier.
Hope u will enjoy this recipe.
you can check the mini pizza recipe here